Ordering a repeat prescription
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems booking online appointments?
Before you call us.
If the doctor prescribes you medication which you must continue to take over a long period of time, you will be issued with a prescription which has a Repeat Request on the right hand side. When you have roughly one week left, you should request your repeat medication. We require prescriptions to be handed in before 10 am to have the prescription collected after 4.30pm the same day.
There are various ways you can request your prescription. These are:
- Tick the medication required on the repeat section of the prescription form and drop it into the box in the Main Reception area.
- click here to the secure online form for ordering your repeat items. Please see information below before using this service.
- Tick the medication on the repeat section of the prescription form and drop it into one of the pharmacies working with the Practice.
- By post. If you would like us to send you your repeat prescription, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Please note that we cannot accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone as this can lead to mistakes.
If you are on repeat medication, we must review your medication on a regular basis. A review date will appear on the right side of the prescription slip. Please see your GP when you see this date. DO NOT IGNORE IT.
Do ensure that you have sufficient medication to last over weekends and holiday periods.
Please ensure that all medicines are kept out of the reach of children. Unused medicines should be returned to the chemist.
If you wish to join our Online Services
Patient Access will allow you to view all your repeat medication direct from your medical notes held by the Surgery.
Do not send messages for emergency appointment on this request.
A separate application form with username and password must be completed for each household member. For children aged over 16 years a username and password will need to be sent direct to the child, not the parent, for reasons of confidentiality.
When accessing the online site:
- Please can all patients using this new site for the first time go to “change contact details” tab and complete your telephone contact details and your email address.
- Go to the “current prescriptions” page.
- Tick which repeat medication you require
- If you cannot see a medication you require on the list please put the details in the NOTES BOX.
- Where do you wish to collect the prescription from e.g. a named Pharmacy of your choice or the Surgery (please state which site).
Prescription requests if handed the same day before 10am will be ready for collection after 4.30pm the same day.